mackenzie

Friday, October 8, 2010

WASH DAY IS FOR THE BIRDS!!!





I hate doing Laundry. When my 4th little duckling was born I felt like I needed to do it twice a week. Eight months ago my washer and dryer broke so I had to get a new set, so I bought bigger tubs. Now I feel like I can do wash once a week. I have to say my family hates it and are not very happy, (especially my oldest duckling)…BUT MOMS HAPPY!!!

Here is 8 great tips to make wash day a little more bearable!!

1. Find a system and follow it consistently. (I sort all my wash on Wednesday night. I sort them in 8 baskets…whites, whites, jeans, lights, darks, bath towels, cleaning towels, delicates.

2. Get your family's help. Make each person responsible for transporting their clothing to and from the place were you sort.

3. Let children help you with the laundry. It's the best way for them to learn. (I am learning to do this one…I have not been able to master it yet!!!)

4. Do all your laundry in one day OR in two. (I just cut back to once a week and love it.)

5. Make sure your hampers have no lids...this makes it easy to put dirty clothes where they belong.

6. Have a hamper in everyone’s room. .

7. Help teach everyone in the family to make a decision about each piece of clothing as they get undressed. There are two options: clean you return to drawer or closet and if it’s dirty then the hamper.

8. Keep a backup supply of detergent, softener and stain remover. Whenever it’s on sale stock up.

I hope this helps with your wash day!! Have a great and organized weekend!!

Homework: Organize half of your laundry room.

***Sorry my pictures turned out fuzzy...but you get the idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Design: BoutiqueMama.com