mackenzie

Monday, May 2, 2011

TIP OF THE WEEK #1




For the next few weeks I am going to post a TIP OF THE WEEK!!! These will be some ideas that will help you get through your day and week.
This will be a change from what I have been doing in the past, but hopefully still help give you some ideas on how to be more organized and efficient.

TIP OF THE WEEK #1

Schedule your day
Either at the beginning of each day or the night before, plan out each day. You are only one person and you probably won't be able to do everything. Use a schedule to organize your day. Write out a daily to-do list (I put mine on my phone) then make sure you check it at the end of each day to make sure you didn't miss anything.

In honor of Mother's Day this week, I want to express my love and appreciation to my mother. I am so thankful for her and for all she is in my life. My mom has always been a great example to me in my life. I remember as a young child her coming in to my room each night and sitting on the edge of my bed to talk to me, she made me feel like I was the only thing that mattered at that moment, and that meant the world to me as a young child.
Right before my mom had me she was diagnosed with a disease called rheumatoid arthritis, it was a real trial in her life, and at times she was not able to hold me or change my diapers. Imagine if you couldn't take care of your baby...it was probably so hard for her to watch others do things for her that she couldn't do, and even 37 years later I know she has a hard time watching others do things for her. I remember when I was 10 years old, a friend of the family came up to me and said...Calli you know your Mom is amazing right...of course I said, ya why??? She explained, your Mom is probably in pain a good 85 percent of her day and she hardly ever complains. I never realized that she actually hurt!!! Right then and there I knew I had a very special woman as my MOTHER!!
My Mom has always been so embarrassed over the way her hands look, because they are a little crippled. I have always loved the way her hands have looked because to me they look like hands that have always served her family and friends, and more importantly the Lord.
I want my Mom to know how much I love and appreciate her love and example that she has been for me throughout my life. I hope and pray that I can be just half the Mom she was to me to my kids. I love you Mom!! Thanks for the memories!!
I also want to add that my Mom taught me everything I know about BEING ORGANIZED!!! This blog is because of her!!

Check out my new website http://www.fuzzystreasures.com/ we have some great Mother's Day gifts for your loved ones. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Design: BoutiqueMama.com